Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Forward!

Good morning readers!  I hope everyone remembered to change their clocks yesterday since we went into daylight savings time!  Although we lost an hour yesterday in the end daylight savings time always makes me very excited of the weather to come.  That extra time in the evening allows us to do so much more with our days...especially for those of us who work a 9-5 job.  I love getting out of work and having it still be light outside!

For some reason the first thing I always think about when I think of being outside in the evening is catching fireflies with my siblings and cousins as a child.  This was about one of our favorite things to do, just as dusk hit and it began to get dark we would go out with our mason jars and try to catch as many fireflies as we could.  It was pure happiness being out there, the weather was warm, we were at the beach, and the only worry in the world was if the fireflies would live if we put them in a jar.


These days, sadly, catching fireflies is not what I usually spend my time doing after work.  It is lovely though to leave work and go running when it is still light out or eat dinner outside and watch the sun go down.  In the city it seems like everyone is outside at this time.  People are walking their dogs or catching up with neighbors.  Everyone is just a bit happier because the weight of winter has been lifted off their shoulders.  This is one of my favorite things about spring, happiness levels seem to increase because it is not so cold, flowers are blooming, and people are coming out of hibernation again....and it means summer, my favorite season, is only one season away!

What's your favorite thing about spring?  Do you do anything special during that hour or two extra of sunlight?  Make sure to enjoy that extra sunlight and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment