Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kid Favorites

Growing up I had a few shows that I loved to watch.  Seeing re-runs on TV always make me smile.  I think I'd have to say that my favorite show growing up was Full House.  I adored it...surprise surprise, as I'm a huge fan of family shows even now(queue Full House opening song...I tried to get the Full House theme song to play first when you opened my blog but not sure if it worked).  There was DJ, the oldest, who was always annoyed at Stephanie, the middle child who always said "how rude"(still say that to this day), and then Michelle, the baby.  Then there was Uncle Jesse and later Becky, Uncle Joey, and the girls dad, Danny Tanner (played by Bob Saget...I still get sad when I see him as a sleez on Entourage).  Oh yeah, then there was the neighbor and DJ's best friend Kimmy who always made fun of Stephanie.  They were one big happy family and I loved them.


Michelle was played Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen...another obsession of my sister and I's growing up.  We ADORED MK & A's movie series...I can still sing all of the songs from Mary Kate and Ashley's Sleepover Party(seriously I can).  My sister and I used to try and be them and do detective work like they did in their detective movies.  I think we owned almost all of the movies..including major motion picture It Takes Two which I can also still recite half the movie.  Do you remember any of these?





What about Pippi Longstocking, ever watch that?  Another one where I can still sing the songs, Pippi Longstocking is coming into your town...I was always amazed that she could lift up her horse!  I watched this movie over again in college and still loved loved it!  


Might have to do another post some other time as now I'm thinking about all of the Nickelodeon shows I loved (I hope all of this isn't making you think I didn't go outside as a child...don't worry, I spent lots of time outside exploring).  There's nothing like taking your memory back to your childhood and thinking about some of the things you loved, they seem so simple now but at the time these shows and movies were like gold...and must have driven my parents crazy!  What were some of your favorite shows growing up?  Do you still seem them playing re-runs every once in awhile?  Take a trip down memory lane and think about those favorites, I have a feeling when your done you'll have a smile on your face.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment