Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New Adventures on the horizon

So I've been hinting at this in the past few posts but in the next week or so my life is going to be changing a bit and I am excited!  A week from tomorrow is my last day at my current job and then the next day I move out of DC.  I have very mixed emotions about this, while I'm ready to move on from my job I've also learned a lot and met some amazing people so I know I am going to miss it a lot.  Same thing with DC, while I'm ready for a new adventure for the most part I've enjoyed my time in DC and will miss it a lot.

...that said, I'm only moving an hour away to Baltimore so it won't be the end of the world!  Yup, you guessed it, I'm moving back home.  I hope I enjoy being back home, I think I will but after living on my own for three years it may be a little different.  That said, I'm moving back home because I'm going to graduate school to get a Master's in Child Life which I am EVER so excited about!  As I'm sure you've read in a few of my posts, I have so enjoyed volunteering with kids in the hospital so I think I am only going to love learning how to support kids and families in the hospital.  I've spent my fair share in the hospital, both as a patient or a support, and I feel confident that this is what I am supposed to be doing.

Soo all of this said the next week is going to be devoted to all the things I have loved about living/working/exploring DC!  I've been holding back on this realm in my blogs as I knew I wanted to do something special when I left the city.  So bear with me as I slowly say goodbye to the city that I've called home for the past three years...

...and I wanted to put a few pics in but blogger is not accepting any of the pics I try to put in :(

1 comment: