Monday, April 4, 2011

Just for fun

I love playing sports.  Growing up I played softball for six years...until I was 11 and they started getting serious about the sport and I switched to lacrosse.  I did gymnastics, field hockey, basketball (although I was terrible and my mom would pay me if I shot the ball), and tennis.  Then in the summers at camp we would play all kinds of sports as well including volleyball (my nemesis), wiffle ball, and my personal favorite - deck tennis.  Deck tennis is a game where you have two teams and a net and throw the ring back and forth (see rings below).  It is absolutely fabulously fun (although kind of hard to explain - think the basics of volleyball but with catching and throwing a ring?)!


Anyway, now that I'm older I don't always have a chance to participate in games of the sort as often.  But a few weeks ago a friend of mine asked if I wanted to sign-up for tennis classes and I did!  Yesterday was my first class and it was a lot of fun!  I was definitely a bit rusty but it was nice to get back out there and work on my strokes and run around a bit...especially after the night before and a big breakfast at Ted's Bulletin.  I really do love tennis, it's one of those games that you can pick back up whenever and get back into it.  I'm excited for this class and to get back into a sport...I mean running and working out are ok but there's nothing like getting a good workout from a sport you like!

What's your favorite sport?  Have you played it recently?  Maybe it's time to get back out there and start playing around!

1 comment: