Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wednesday Wedding Talk

So for some reason it's not allowing me to get into Flip Flops and Pearls for semi-wordless Wednesday so I"m going to try a new site to link up to!  I'm linking up to this kind of love's what I'm loving Wednesday and today I'm loving weddings!


Soo I know I seem to have talked a lot about weddings on this blog lately but this weekend is my last wedding of the summer and the first wedding that I am in!  My college roommate is getting married to a wonderful guy that she met while working at her law firm.  They got engaged last August and I have been so excited for her ever since!  


After the engagement announcement I had to see her so I flew down to ATL and we threw them a little engagement party:

bridesmaids/party hosts

adorable cupcakes the brides mom made

adorable cake one of the bridesmaids made

Sewanee girls (it was 2 of our other friends bdays)

After that the bride and her mom went into wedding planning mode and had everything planned super quickly!  We were trying on our bridesmaid dresses the morning after the engagement party:

these are the bridesmaid dresses but in caramel
  Sadly I wasn't able to make it down for any of the bridal showers but I did travel down to ATL a few other times and was able to see her in her dress (soo beautiful) and do a few other fun wedding errands.

As you've already seen, I was down south again a few weeks ago and we threw a bachelorette party in Hilton Head, it was awesome.

the bride and I

almost the entire bridal party
So now I'm headed back for the wedding and am SO excited!  Almost our entire group of friends will be there plus a few other Sewanee buddies I haven't seen in AGES.  The wedding is going to be soo beautiful, the reception is in the beautiful Decatur Courthouse:


And all of the other festivities are close by.  It's going to be amazing and I could not be happier for the two of them.  The last wedding in my group of friends was almost exactly 2 years ago:


So this should be LOTS of fun (as you can tell I love love weddings).  Anyway, this may be my last post of the week, if so have a lovely weekend and see you all next week!







3 comments:

  1. That looks like such a fun time. Those cupcakes were really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the wedding!! I love the bridesmaid dress! such a pretty style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations to your roommate! what a fun series of events. i hope you have tons of fun at the wedding, as i am sure you will. :)

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

    http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete