Monday, July 25, 2011

Lovely Summer Weekend!

Well this weekend was a HOT one in Baltimore but luckily I spent most of the time by the pool cooling off.  On Saturday a few of my friends from KaBOOM! came to visit and sit by the pool, we had so much fun catching up, catching some rays, and relaxing poolside!  I got to play hostess which was kind of fun, although I'm kicking myself that I didn't take any pictures of our smorgasbord of food we had.  I made a lovely fruit salad and we had crab chips, guacamole (not made by me but by one of my friends that came), salsa, hummus and lots more!  We also had some yummy summer lemonade and my new favorite, diet grapefruit soda from Wegman's!

It was a fun fun day:

Relaxing poolside


We blew up this float (above) that my mom had given me for my Birthday.  It was very difficult to get in and out of (as you can tell by the pic above of me trying to even see my friends in it).  Also you'll notice my lovely sun hat my mom gave me for my Birthday, I absolutely ADORE it!  I had been looking for a sun hat that was not straw because I think the straw color looks very weird on blondes and so for my birthday my mom went to Nordstrom's and found this PERFECT one:
You can find it here, and it's 50% off!: Nordstrom's Brown Hat

We had a lovely afternoon and a wonderful dinner (which again I'm kicking myself for not taking a pic) - we made crabcakes, tomato and mozarella and corn...a perfect ending to a wonderful summer day!

love these girls!
Then on Sunday I got up early and went on a long hike in the Patapsco Valley with another friend of mine (didn't bring my camera so sorry no pics!).  We did a 5 mile hike and it was so nice to be back in nature and see a new part of the Baltimore area!  I came home and was exhausted so spent the rest of the afternoon hanging by the pool again...tough life I know!

Anyway, that was my lovely weekend, what did you do this weekend - get in some good beach/pool time?  I'm off to Annapolis today to meet with one of the other counselors for a camp I'm volunteering for next week, can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. I love the hat! Sounds like you had a fabulous and relaxing weekend! Great Pictures, I really want that floaty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on the Bay and it was so hot and the water was so warm it was no relief.

    Date and I went to dinner at some place in Harbor East and then to a bar in Fells. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I got some pool time in, but glad you did! It was TOO hot to do anything other than stay indoors, so thats what I did. Also, love the hat--very retro chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely did have a lovely weekend! I got some pool time in, but I wish we had fun floats like those ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was super hot in VA too! Luckily it rained today =] hope youre weekend was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love spending days by the water to beat the heat, and a floppy hat is a must!
    Bisous,
    Rachel
    http://lovealamode.wordpress.com

    PS I'm hosting my first blog giveaway this week for a gift card for an online shopping spree from Zestii, and I would love if you stopped by to enter! All you have to do is leave a comment here!

    ReplyDelete