Friday, September 9, 2011

Centering the mind and body

I am probably one of the most inflexible people I know...there was a day some 10 or 15 years ago when I would hop around the gymnastics gym doing backbends and splits until the cows came home.  But alas, life happened and for all kinds of reasons my flexibility went out the door.

Yeah definitely never going to be able to do that...

That said, my mom and I bought a Groupon for Charm City Yoga and I started going last week.  I can't tell you how much I LOVE it!  I guess my love of yoga started when I first moved to DC.  Me and my roommate used to get up at the crack of dawn every Tuesday and Thursday and go to yoga at our gym.  Although it was a bit painful getting there we loved our teacher and always felt SO good afterward.  Well the winter came and it got a bit cold to get out of the house that early so the yoga fell by the wayside.

Then when we moved across town I got a Groupon for Bikram yoga.  I liked it but it was a little fast and a few too many people for me.  So now I've found Charm City Yoga and I LOVE it!  There's a Rise and Shine class that I've been going to and Hot yoga (but not Bikram).  It's just great, so rejuvenating.  It's an hour or two a day where I can spend just with myself, re-centering and not thinking about the weights of the day.

Do you go to yoga or have something that helps keep you sane during the year?  If not, I highly suggest doing something just for YOU, you deserve it!

Source: etsy.com via Peyton on Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. I love the saying! I love doing pilates, and I am trying to get into yoga! Running is usually the way that I clear my mind! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running keeps me sane. That is something I do for me! That and I just taking at least 20 minutes to not talk to anyone and just enjoy my own company...weird/dorky, I know, but something that's been helpful for me in times of high stress or busyness. How's your week been?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try yoga for a long time now, mostly because I love stretching. It's so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yoga is so great for you! I have been wanting to go to some classes, but haven't had time. I need to make "me time" more of a priority!

    ReplyDelete