Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Peanut Butter and Jelly Goodness!


Hi! When all else fails, SMILE followers, I am stepping in for Peyton as she is at her (and mine!) CMS camp reunion (which I think you all know by now how excited she is for this event :)!) Anyways I am the resident blogger at Rudi's Organic and Gluten-free Bakery and I am very excited to post today about my favorite meal and sandwich the PBandJ. Now you would think that by now after over 9 years of eating pbandj's that I might be tired of the mixture, but every time I get that peanut butter craving I just HAVE to have it. I think it definitely helps now that I work at a Bakery and we always have bread that my love of PBandJ has continued with me to Boulder!

There are many combinations of PBandJ that I have experimented with through the years. It all began my freshmen year of highschool when I only liked peanut butter. Almost everyday without fail I would spread myself a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread and pop that baby into my lunch bag.

Then I began to add apples to my peanut butter sandwich. I would slice up an apple and stuff the apple in between the peanut butter sandwich in the morning so therefore by lunch time the apples were soft (or more like soggy) and peanut butter coated. During this phase I also began toasting my bread to really get the peanut butter nice and smooth and the apples completely covered in goodness!


It was not until college that I discovered that I liked jelly! At the dining hall at Cal we had some very interesting food choices and I was also super picky! So my diet consisted of most of the time PBandJs, frozen yogurt, granola and the salad bar! But not to worry as limited as I was I never tired of those PBandJs!

Towards the end of college I began to discover OTHER nut butters and Jellies and the importance of having excellent bread in order to construct the best PBandJ. Almond butter, Chocolate hazelnut butter, Sunflower butter, Honey peanut butter the list goes on and on! And I have not even gotten into my love for peanut butter and honey or agave! MMh my mouth is watering, wish I had a peanut butter something right about now!


Now that I am gluten-free I have found that I really enjoy a open face PbandJ toasted on Rudi's Gluten-free Cinnamon Raisin bread. Something about the mixture of cinnamon, raisin and peanut butter really satisfies my sweet tooth and my peanut butter craving!

Ok that's all about my love for peanutbutter and jelly, honey, apples, did I even get into bannans and nutella?! What is your favorite nut butter concoction?

Make sure to get your PBandJ fill in this week:)

Happy Eating!

Tighe

1 comment:

  1. Oh I have a long list. Nutella with french toast, almond butter. Peanut butter on apple slices. sesame butter with roasted veggies...and of course the classic goober's PB with grape jelly.yeah I'm a real nutcase.

    ReplyDelete