Thursday, February 17, 2011

Yea Sewanee's Right!

Yesterday after a very busy day I was browsing through my e-mail and came upon an e-mail from Sewanee saying that the University had decided to cut tuitions and fees by 10%.  I then jumped on facebook and realized the immensity of this decision and I could not be happier.  As if I didn't love love love Sewanee already this just put the icing on the cake in my book.

I went to Sewanee: The University of the South for 4 years and absolutely adored it.  I met some of my very best friends (3 of whom are getting married in the next year or so!!), figured out my true interests, and was given multiple leadership opportunities to grow and learn how to be a good leader.  Now that's not to say I didn't have a TON of fun at Sewanee as well!  I was in a fabulous low key sorority and always felt welcome at any party on campus.

Anyway, back to the point of this post.  Sewanee has made a statement, started a movement, stepped up to change higher education in America.  This says so much about Sewanee, as a school, a place, a community.  I could not be happier to be a part of this community and to help make sure that everyone has an opportunity to the amazing education that I received.

Take a look at this video that Sewanee created (ok ok so I did tear up in places...)



And then also take a look at the articles in the NY Times and Wall Street Journal:

Wall Street Journal

NY Times

As you go about your day think about the statements and movements you can create, it doesn't have to be big, just something to make the world a little better.

YSR!

No comments:

Post a Comment